|
HER motorcycle diaries
| ||||||
|
So this morning the rain was just pelting down on me. It was horrible. I started off cringing in pain, but after a while I was screaming, and when it finally let up a bit, I realised I was panting. Can you imagine? I really didn't think that was possible. You're sitting down, minding your own business, not moving any of your body parts, but short of breath. That's just.. Wow. Now I've experienced it firsthand, I am not looking forward to childbirth or anything that I've heard tell can leave you breathless with pain.
Anyways. Then the ride home was equally terrible, if that's possible. Jam along the AYE, which I thought was standard, but then I saw a bike and its rider terlantar on the ground, with a few other riders helping him. Oh abang Keppel, my mouth just dropped open and my eyes popped out. Then aku visibly shuddered and rode off as soon as I could. I couldn't tell what bike it was. It was fairly colourful. Prolly not a kapchai, then. Oh abang, I've never seen a bike accident at such close quarters before. Please God let him be okay. Amin. I thought of Mai when I saw that. Since she had her accident right smack in the middle of an expressway too. And lived to tell the tale. This part doesn't really belong in this blog, but anyway, I'd just like to clarify that I think about Mai randomly throughout my normal life. But not in a sad or melancholy way. I just think about her and miss being her friend, and she mine. But I guess not all friendships can endure. Okay enough sappy moments. Then after that there was the most almighty jam stretching from Keppel all the way to KPE. No, this was no ordinary jam, ladies and gentlemen. I switched from first to second gear so many times that my hand was screaming in agony, but takleh dengar, so aku yang screamed in agony on its behalf. Apeks and abangs riding so slowly, not having the confidence to selit, but refusing to give way. Cars on either side of me refusing to give way too, and edging forward even though I was a hair's breadth away. It was horrible. Horrible. I wound up with a very bad scald and heat blister on my right thigh from the heat. Even though I was wearing jeans tadi. Go figure. But Alhamdulillah, God kept me and Oopsy Boy safe. And that's all I can ask for. Amin. Norainne at 12:43 am |
||||||
| maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs | ||||||