|
HER motorcycle diaries
| ||||||
|
Went to bayar my ninth installment yesterday. There was a group of big mats huddled at the entrance when I pulled up. They all gaped at me, so I gave them a tiny smile. But instead of smiling back, they just continued gaping. Wtf guys? Please let's not be rude since I didn't actually do anything to hurt korang, thanks. Such a shame. Why do they do that? Do they think I'm cool cos I ride? Do they actually hate girls who ride? I mean, which is it? Judging from their non-responses to my smile, it looked more like they hate girls who ride. So, entah. Such a shame. I would have liked to talk to a couple of them, they were kinda cute.
Next I went to Ah Beng's. It was really hot and there were no seats as usual, so I walked to the fence and stood there, because there's always plenty of fresh air and a cool breeze there. When I walked back to the shop, I found that one of the guys had removed his helmet from the seat next to his, so I sank down gratefully. After that there was a tense silence between us. I was hoping he would talk to me, but he didn't. Possibly dia shy. But he doesn't know that I'm a billion times shyer! HEHE. Anyway then these two Chinese guys rode up in an R6 and an R1 '12! I was so excited because it's the first "brother" I've seen, ever! I wanted to get up and check out his bike, but I forced myself to stay seated. But the two of them were walking up and down the shop, checking out all the bikes. I was mortified when they lingered around my Oopsy Boy. But they didn't seem to realise who the rider was. Anyway then I decided to gather my courage and I asked the R1 guy, "Hi, your bike, you changed the pipe issit?" And they were both like, "Oh that's your R1? Eh, not hot ah you ride like that?" Oh, sungguh adorable. They were both really friendly and animated, sharing bike stories and all. I mean, they're not cute - not the kind I'd glance at a second time. But very very friendly. So then we were talking, and R6 was like, "Wah, cool ah.. I like girls who ride bikes.." and R1, tanak kalah, countered, "I like girls who ride R1!" Haha, cute giler! Yeah so they were telling me to get a voltmeter and the ideal reading for just-starting-the-bike should be 12 or thereabouts. So I'll get that next month, it's $40. Smalam I just changed EO and oil filter, cost me $90 for the Agip one. And today I went to buy bike washing stuff at Shell. Sponge, microfibre cloth, Turtle Wax (aku just grabbed anything off the shelf, no idea what to get). It amounted to $39++! Mampos! Well, the whole moral of the story here is that those guys made my day. And I hope to bump into them again sometime in the near future. Amin. Norainne at 2:47 pm |
||||||
| maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs | ||||||