|
HER motorcycle diaries
| ||||||
|
Let me tell you about the day I almost died. I was going to work late this afternoon. Did my usual crazy selit stuff along the PIE, but I'm always careful at the CTE stretch of my journey, cos the traffic there's a bit huru-hara. I'm not kidding. At the CTE stretch, I always stay in the third or fourth lane, I never usually venture into the first two lanes unless I'm really really impatient or something. So I was following behind a lorry on the fourth and last lane. Obviously we weren't going too fast but I was okay with that. I'm used to it. So THEN, when we were nearing the Bukit Timah exit, the car next to me on the third lane starts to encroach into my space! I didn't panic, cos I'm used to that too, so I just tooted my horn, expecting the driver to realise I was there, and back off, like he's supposed to. Plus my horn is the louder Stebel horn, remember? I thought that would really enforce my point. I was wrong. He continued to try to force me into the road shoulder or something! At the same moment, the lorry in front of me jam-braked! Jam-braked! [Well, I don't blame him, there was a lot of traffic buildup at the exit.] But I was stuck, with nowhere to go! I braked, but found myself staring at the back of the lorry. I screamed hysterically and swerved my way out, banking to the right as far as I could without falling. I was safe! But only by a hair's breadth. The lane ahead was clear, so I turned around for a last look at the car--hoping to look vengeful but instead prolly managing to look deranged only. I continued riding, my hands trembling and then I just started bawling loudly while riding. Halfway towards the exit I realised I was dragging gear, so I kicked up. Couldn't stop crying though, so I cried all the way to LT. Friends of mine, I was wearing a sleeveless top and shorts! If that car had got me.. I don't think I'd have any skin to speak of. Astaghfirullah Al'Azim.. Ya Allah, thank You for saving my life, for saving my skin, for protecting me from your other hambas' mistakes. I am so grateful and I will always remember this day.
So tell me, how do you expect me to give up Baby, knowing all that we've been through? And no, I don't remember shit about the car OR the lorry. All I remember is that the car was blue and small. And I don't even remember what shade. Norainne at 5:52 am |
||||||
| maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs | ||||||