HER motorcycle diaries

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

These days when I ride, I enthusiastically open valve almost the minute I hit the expressway. It's fun! 110 [actual, speedo display is 130] is my new favourite speed.

Friday there was a roadblock outside RGS again when I was riding home from work. The police dude spoke to me like I was a minah and he was a minah-hater. Excuse me, even if I look like a minah, I sure as hell am not. So don't assume.

Saturday I was nearing RGS after work and I heard the sounds of a few souped-up engines somewhere behind me. I looked in the mirror and saw a couple of bike headlights. Since I already knew they were more powerful than me, I stayed to the left, giving way. Next thing I know, this red Super Four with a black tank bra zooms into view. I gasped, "Mike!" Next to follow was Mike's brother [yes, that's how I think of him. Mike's brother.] on his green Version S [?] with matching neon lights. I never expected to bump into Mike on the road. Not that he knows me or even cares. Anyway I just headed home while they turned right at SCGS.

I love Mike's bikes.

Today was my TP, something I've been keeping super-low-profile since I failed the first one. I dodged questions and refused to mention this super-important date, not wanting to jinx it. I was hoping to bump into Azim cos I thought he'd re-booked the same test date, but he was nowhere to be found. There was no one I knew, apart from some guys who were retaking as well. Oh and Dayah's friend, some guy she kenal-kenal from her original bike shop. He clearly doesn't remember me, but despite that he was delightfully friendly to me.

I wasn't as nervous as the last time,[and the TP even managed to sakat me] but it was really hot cos I was wearing Christina's jacket over my sleeveless top. Unfortch, by the time it got to my turn, I was shaking and trembling again. Not cool. Everything was okay, but I hit a glitch at crank course, where I ter-kick to neutral instead of second. I managed not to outrightly panic, and recovered just in time to avoid the kerb. After that everything was cool, meaning I didn't fall, and I made another splendid recovery at slalom.

While waiting for results, I felt the sort of calm you feel when you know everything will go well. So I managed to relax and read my book. I just got a few-second bouts of heart arrhythmia each time the testers came in to call out numbers. Surprisingly, less than eight people failed. It was so cool.

Anyway, yes, I have a 2A license now. Alhamdulillah. I'll be back next year, Kamsani! Woohoo!


Norainne at 4:40 pm

maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs