|
HER motorcycle diaries
| ||||||
|
I'm so sleepy. Going to sleep after this, but I just wanted to blog about My First Riding Incident. Incident, not accident. You know what I'm talking bout. The whole mat-approach-you-while-on-the-roads thing.
Yesterday I was preclosing at work, so I was done at around 130, at which time I decided to go to MoS and join Dayah and friends. I was riding past Lucky Plaza, and I noticed that there was this mat on a bike, turning out from the Mt. E hospital. But you know, tak berapa kisah. Just continued riding, and realised that he stopped macam 2 cm diagonally to my right at the Heeren traffic light. But I didn't tempt fate by turning around. I just step buat cam biasa, and looked at my reflection in the mirror, and when the light changed, I sped off. Decided to make a right turn then, thinking I was entering Clemenceau Ave, but I realised I turned too early. So I was like alone at some red light near Somerset. Oh wait recall. The mat rode up beside me. And he turned to me, and said something about, "Sorry, -blahblahblah-, Boy.. You lak?" and held out his hand. So I automatically shook his hand and told him my name. "Ain gi mana?" "Nak gi MoS, but I'm like lost!!! -wails-" "Ohh.. Sebenarnye kalau MoS kena gi -entahmaner- tapi takper, sini pun bole.. Nanti Boy tunjuk jalan lah.." So he led the way. Yes he also asked questions about why I was going MoS, where I was from, etc. At the next red light, "Ain bawak KR.. Fierce eh, pompan bawak KR.. Dulu abang bawak TZM.. Ni motor KR kena jaga baik-baik tau.. Dier nyer valve lagi-lagi.." Oh he was just SO nice! Ohyeah and he apologised, saying he was drunk, baru balik drinking with his friends. [He was, I could smell it.] He's not bad-looking, actually, despite the broken teeth. And of course, he's tua. Come to think of it, he might even be married! Anyways he made a U-turn, cos kalau nak right-turn, it was macam filled with taxis. So I had to follow suit! It was so scary, but I was determined not to fall so ended up banking giler rabak nyer. Then I nearly crashed into him at the carpark entrance cos they put up a barrier at the motorcycle entrance even though there were 8302703 lots upstairs. As usual, he led the way, then pointed me into a lot. And as usual aku nyer parking sucks balls. So he very nicely took over, and parked the bike beautifully for me. Turned off the engine, wheel-lock, took out my CashCard, everything. SO NICE RIGHT? I was slightly thrown when he didn't ask for my number. But I wasn't about to ask for his, or give mine, thanks. Tak shameless. Not a minah. I did invite him in with me, but he declined. Ohwell. Anyway it was just a great experience, and I found myself smiling just thinking about it for the rest of the night. Here's to more! Norainne at 4:50 pm |
||||||
| maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs | ||||||