HER motorcycle diaries

Monday, October 30, 2006

Supposed to be eating before I get ready, but I'll skip that cos stomach buat peh'el. Haha.

Nak blog instead, cos I finally got my bike laaaaaaaaaa!

And I went for my first actual Simpang Bedok hangout merepek meraban yesterday night [or this morning, if you're nitpicky].

Well, Atikk still had the rental car, and she wanted to see my Babyboyyy, so she made plans for us to meet at Simpang around 1130 and just hang out la. So I did go. Alhamdulillah, everything went well from home to Simpang, even the parking and shit. Aku just berpeluh rabak giler la. I think I may have to give up on makeup for a coupla months. Haha. But I'm quite proud of myself for not missing the right turn and everything, and for not langgaring the barrier [although the gap IS quite wide, so orang rabun je akan langgar the barrier, I suppose] at the carpark.

Yes, I got stares. Dahlah aku park RIGHT INFRONT of a lone mat who was sitting there smsing. And I just sat on Baby for a long time, doing my hair, taking off my jacket, and whatever merepek meraban. And Atikk wasn't there yet, so I stopped by 7-11, then I went to Shop & Save where I thought there was a cash deposit machine [there wasn't], and along the way, everyone was macam looking, it was quite cool. Hehe.

On the walk back to 7-11, I saw Zahdan sitting with a bunch of his secondary school friends, so he joined me to meet Atikk la, who was there by then. Then EVERYONE [Atikk, her two brothers Jambang and Cutie, and Zahdan] crowded round my bike, pegang-pegang, tengok-tengok, and gaping and exclaiming. And the lone mat was STILL sitting there.

Look, it really wasn't my intention to show off depan SEMUA ORANG. In fact, I parked at the second coffeeshop just so there'd be less people. But they were so obvious about the fact that Baby is a recent acquisition, I was really quite scared that people would macam, ingat aku step giler babs.

But I stray from the point. The supper was great. Zahdan went back to his friends, and we sat at the next table, and I had the most pedas fried beef kuay teow in the world [yet, yummy!]. Then when Zahdan's friends left, he joined us again. [Actually, all his friends ride, but they didn't have a spare helmet for him, so I offered him a lift, if he could manage to squeeze his head into the size S helmet, HAHA.] Lepaked for awhile, until 1-plus or so, then we got moving la.

I gave Atikk a ride to Bedok Corner and back. Aku wobble giler sipot babi ah. She IS heavier than Nat, you know. So when I turned into the Bedok Corner carpark, Atikk screamed cos I was wobbling AND banking. And when we went back to Simpang carpark, she grabbed me round the waist. HELLO! No grabbing round waist till I'm experienced, thanks! Haha. But I know how she felt, obviously.

Then Atikk and her brothers went back to the car and Zahdan got on, and we went to the Shell opposite. Pillioning Zahdan's not that bad. In fact, he's obviously lighter than Atikk, cos he's lighter than ME! [60 kilos.] So it was cool.

We all sent Zahdan home, then lepak for a while, and decided to get moving. AKU YANG BODOH allowed Atikk to try kickstarting. When she couldn't get it started, a chain of people who tried to start the bike followed--Jambang, Cutie [who really IS adorable, with sepet eyes and sticking-to-the-head hair], and Zahdan. EVERYONE [except me] was wearing slippers, and NO ONE got it started. So finally aku try. By that time dah TAK BOLEH START.

When you turn the key to ON, the neutral indicator light doesn't even come on, even though I was at neutral. So aku dah berpeluh-pelih and all, I gave up and baring-ed on Baby. And I called Amin--first for advice, then stayed on the line just for fun--and just tried to calm down.

After maybe half an hour, someone rode into the carpark. And Zahdan and Atikk very nicely chased after that rider. Atikk thought it was a girl, so she shouted, "Beb!" RUPERNYER LELAKI DAAAA. With long hair, haha. But he was very nice, he came right over and helped me start the bike.

Then he test-rode it and all. SO NICE. Later he kindly explained to me that my battery mampos, maybe cos it's old, or tak charged fully, etc. And he told me that maybe the spark plug was wet. So he said when I park my bike, I should turn the fuel tank thingy to "OFF", then dah start the bike baru turn it back to "FUEL". Cos since Baby only has a sidestand, when it's parked, the fuel tank is senget, so maybe the carburetor was flooded, or something. After that he watched me start it, made sure I could manage and all, and yeah then he left lah.

Wow I swear he was so incredibly nice and patient, even making conversation about where I got the bike, for how much, and stuff. I could really get used to this whole riders'-camaraderie thing.

Every day I learn something new bout Baby. And I want to thank all these nice abangs for being patient.

After that I went for a test-ride round the carpark, sekali engine mati! Guess why? Aku luper turn the fuel tank back on! Slengbach la aku ni.

Well I rode back, with Atikk and brothers and escort. Then I tried to park kat multi-storey, but it was full. So I parked kat bawah block, next to the huge-ass 2A/2 bike. Daayyyyuuummm.

Thanks to Atikk, Jambang, Cutie and Zahdan for being helpful and patient and supportive. And to the abang, of course. [Whom Atikk now has a crush on. Although I concede that his patience, coupled with Anuar-Zain-ish vibes, could make him appear attractive la. Haha.]

OHYES. He told me that the alignment seems off, pasal when he main corner, macam something was not right. So might have to get that checked. Yups.

Well, gonna be late. And gotta figure out a way to balance my stupid so-called Hallowe'en costume on the bike to Nat's place.

BYE!

Norainne at 10:33 am

maystar designsmaystar designsmaystar designs